Trump vows to halt immigration from so-called “Third World countries”

Photo credit: NBC 4 Washington

WASHINGTON — President Trump announced on social media Thursday that the United States will permanently halt immigration from countries he described as “Third World Countries” to allow the immigration system to recover, officials said.

Trump described the measure as necessary to ensure the U.S. can manage existing immigration demands. He has previously advocated for stricter border security and increased personnel along U.S. borders.

The announcement drew mixed reactions. Supporters said the pause would strengthen national security and improve resource allocation, while critics warned it could harm families, communities, and businesses reliant on immigrant labor. Advocacy groups stressed immigrants’ contributions to the U.S. economy and culture.

Immigration experts noted that implementing a permanent ban could face legal challenges and affect U.S. relations with affected nations. Officials continue to assess the implications and monitor public response.

Related posts

Trump spends Thanksgiving at Mar-a-Lago

Probe launched into suspect after D.C. National Guard shooting

Jessica Sanchez hints at new album weeks after giving birth