MANILA, Philippines — Professional basketball player Ray Parks Jr. said on Thursday that he is leaving Osaka Evessa after one season in Japan’s B.League to pursue a new opportunity, as he returns to the Philippines for the offseason.
Parks made the statement during the B.League Final Week at SM Megamall, where he confirmed his departure from the Osaka-based team and said he is weighing offers from both local and international clubs.
“For me, it was time to move on to the next chapter, whatever that may be,” Parks told reporters. “I felt like it was my time to depart from Osaka. We achieved what we achieved and I feel like I just want to compete more in that aspect and I felt like there’s so much more that I can still do.”
Parks joined Osaka Evessa in 2024 and helped the team finish the regular season with a 23–27 record in his final campaign. He previously played for the Nagoya Diamond Dolphins in Japan.
He said he plans to spend his offseason with his family before making a decision on his next team.
“Yes, we do have offers both internationally and locally,” he said. “I can’t even feel the offseason yet. I’ll take care of the kids first and I’ll be away for maybe a month for the honeymoon, take some rest, and then tackle things from there.”
Parks also addressed speculation about a possible return to the Philippine Basketball Association, saying he is keeping his options open.
“The PBA is doing what they’re doing and for me, I’m hoping for growth. I’m never closing the door on anybody,” he said. “The Philippines will always be my home. For the most part right now, I’m just focused on the offseason and whatever the next chapter is, I’ll be ready.”