LAWIN.news
  • Home
  • About Lawin
  • Community Events
  • Livestream
  • Faces & Voices
  • Podcasts
    • Legal Treats
    • Teacher Talk
    • Pink Table Talk
    • Be Bold. Why Not.
    • Commissary Kitchen
    • Beyond Health & Wellness
CONTACT US
  • Texas
  • Austin
  • Dallas Fort Worth
  • Houston
  • San Antonio
  • Rio Grande
  • United States
  • Around the Globe
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Opinion
  • Politics
02/17/2026

Stay Informed and Engaged with LAWIN.news—Your Updated Daily News Source for Filipino-Americans in Texas

ADVERTISE WITH LAWIN
02/17/2026
LAWIN.news

Palace urges Duterte coperpetrators to face ICC charges, not go into hiding

by LAWIN.news February 17, 2026
written by LAWIN.news February 17, 2026
Photo credit: Inquirer.net
1

MANILA, Philippines — Malacañang has called on the identified coperpetrators of former President Rodrigo Duterte in the International Criminal Court (ICC) cases to face the charges directly and not evade responsibility if they believe they are innocent.

While the warrants of arrest have yet to be formally received by the Philippine government, Palace press officer Claire Castro said Monday that the accused could be apprehended and surrendered to the ICC via Interpol, the same procedure used for Duterte’s arrest in March last year.

“Why would they evade the arrest warrant? Are they hiding something, or do they want to avoid responsibility for past actions?” Castro said. “If they know they are innocent, they should face the matter and go through the necessary processes.”

Senators Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa and Christopher Lawrence “Bong” Go are among the eight coperpetrators identified in the ICC Office of the Prosecutor’s lesser-redacted submission. The prosecution alleges that Duterte and his associates shared a “common plan” to neutralize alleged criminals, including those involved in illegal drugs, through violent acts such as murder from 2011 to 2019, during Duterte’s tenure as Davao City mayor and as president.

Castro also urged supporters of Duterte and the coperpetrators not to sow chaos. “No one should encourage disorder when authorities are serving a valid warrant of arrest,” she said. “If a case has sufficient basis, it should be heard to determine the truth.”

She added that the ICC provides a neutral forum, ensuring justice for both alleged victims and the accused. “If they can prove they have no involvement and bear no guilt, they may be acquitted,” Castro said.

Partido Demokratiko Pilipino (PDP), the political party of Duterte, Dela Rosa, and Go, has accused the Marcos administration of “derogating sovereignty” and targeting the opposition. Malacañang dismissed this, noting that the ICC investigation began in 2017, long before President Marcos assumed office.

Despite the Philippines’ withdrawal from the Rome Statute in 2019, Castro explained that the government is still obliged to cooperate with Interpol and international tribunals under Republic Act No. 9851, the Philippine law on crimes against international humanitarian law, genocide, and other crimes against humanity.

Sen. Risa Hontiveros acknowledged that the ICC process would be “difficult and painful” for the Senate, but said the matter would be addressed “at the proper time.” Senate President Pro Tempore Panfilo Lacson clarified that his previous statement about ICC warrants requiring domestic court orders was meant to uphold Philippine legal processes, not to shield Dela Rosa and Go.

“Despite contrasting legal opinions, it is ultimately the Supreme Court that will interpret the constitutional provisions and legal procedures in this regard,” Lacson said.

0 FacebookTwitterPinterestEmail
LAWIN.news

LAWIN.news is your trusted source for timely, relevant, and comprehensive news coverage. With a commitment to delivering the latest updates on local, national, and global events, LAWIN.news provides in-depth analysis, breaking news, and exclusive stories that matter to you. Our dedicated team ensures that each report is thoroughly researched and presented with clarity and integrity. Stay informed and engaged with LAWIN.news—where every story counts. Disclaimer: The views and beliefs expressed by the author do not necessarily represent those of LAWIN.news, its management, editorial board, or staff.

previous post
Japan celebrates historic Olympic pairs skating victory

You may also like

DILG secures ‘witnesses’ against solons linked to illegal cigarette trade

February 17, 2026

Palace clarifies February 18 will not be a holiday

February 16, 2026

Dela Rosa, Go, Aguirre and 5 others named Duterte ‘co-perpetrators’

February 15, 2026

ICC implicates Dela Rosa, Bong Go in Duterte drug war

February 14, 2026

‘Spread love, not fake news’: Palace press officer’s message to VP Sara Duterte

February 13, 2026

DILG ups Atong Ang bounty to P20M in ongoing pursuit

February 12, 2026

Leave a Comment Cancel Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Posts

  • Palace urges Duterte coperpetrators to face ICC charges, not go into hiding
  • Japan celebrates historic Olympic pairs skating victory
  • Gilas Women set sights on Asian Games podium after SEA Games triumph
  • DILG secures ‘witnesses’ against solons linked to illegal cigarette trade
  • Megan Young, Mikael Daez mark son Leon’s baptism celebration

Recent Comments

  1. Texas and the Philippines Economic Collaboration: APECO and PACCTX-GHR meet at PCG in Houston - Bagong APECO on Texas – Philippines Economic Collaboration: APECO and PACCTX-GHR Meet at PCG in Houston

Recent Posts

  • Palace urges Duterte coperpetrators to face ICC charges, not go into hiding

    February 17, 2026
  • Japan celebrates historic Olympic pairs skating victory

    February 17, 2026
  • Gilas Women set sights on Asian Games podium after SEA Games triumph

    February 17, 2026
  • DILG secures ‘witnesses’ against solons linked to illegal cigarette trade

    February 17, 2026
  • Megan Young, Mikael Daez mark son Leon’s baptism celebration

    February 17, 2026

Stay Updated!

LAWIN.news

Providing high-quality news stories that matters to its readers. It’s core mission is “Stay informed and engaged with LAWIN.news—where every story counts.”

  • P.O. Box 20561 Houston, Texas 77225
  • Email Address: neska@mylawin.com
  • Support: helpdesk@mylawin.com

About Links

  • Contact
  • About Us
  • Compliance
  • Media Relations
  • Advertise With Us
  • Corporate Information
  • Apps & Products

Useful Links

  • Privacy Policy
  • Data Tracking
  • Terms of Use
  • Cookie Policy
  • Personal Information
  • Accessibility Statement
  • Login | Register Account

Newsletter

Latest News

Megan Young, Mikael Daez mark son Leon’s baptism celebration
Sofia Trazona stands firm on identity, says she’s ‘trans and proud’
Sam Milby speaks out on Catriona Gray’s past romance revelations
After Dowdle departs, Cowboys bring in free agent Javonte Williams

@2025 – All Right Reserved. Made with ❤️ by myVATA.co

Facebook Twitter Instagram Linkedin Youtube
LAWIN.news
  • Home
  • About Lawin
  • Community Events
  • Livestream
  • Faces & Voices
  • Podcasts
    • Legal Treats
    • Teacher Talk
    • Pink Table Talk
    • Be Bold. Why Not.
    • Commissary Kitchen
    • Beyond Health & Wellness
LAWIN.news
  • Home
  • About Lawin
  • Community Events
  • Livestream
  • Faces & Voices
  • Podcasts
    • Legal Treats
    • Teacher Talk
    • Pink Table Talk
    • Be Bold. Why Not.
    • Commissary Kitchen
    • Beyond Health & Wellness
@2024 - All Right Reserved. Designed and Developed by myVATA.co