Marcos not hospitalized, Palace says

Photo credit: Inquirer.net

MANILA, Philippines — Malacañang on Saturday dismissed reports that President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. had been hospitalized.

Palace press officer Claire Castro clarified that the president was attending a private meeting with the Presidential Management Staff on Saturday morning. “He is well, healthy, and working even on a Saturday,” she said.

The statement comes amid rumors that Marcos had been brought to St. Luke’s Medical Center. In January, Marcos spent one night in the hospital for medical observation and was later diagnosed with diverticulitis, a non-life-threatening inflammation of colon pouches associated with stress and aging. By Jan. 26, the Palace said his schedule had returned to normal.

Related posts

Solons say lack of TRO paves way for Ronald dela Rosa arrest

VP impeachment trial underway as Senate opens court session

DOJ endorses plunder case vs Jinggoy Estrada, Ombudsman reveals