LAWIN.news
  • Home
  • About Lawin
  • Community Events
  • Livestream
  • Faces & Voices
  • Podcasts
    • Legal Treats
    • Teacher Talk
    • Pink Table Talk
    • Be Bold. Why Not.
    • Commissary Kitchen
    • Beyond Health & Wellness
CONTACT US
  • Texas
  • Austin
  • Dallas Fort Worth
  • Houston
  • San Antonio
  • Rio Grande
  • United States
  • Around the Globe
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Opinion
  • Politics
05/21/2026

Stay Informed and Engaged with LAWIN.news—Your Updated Daily News Source for Filipino-Americans in Texas

ADVERTISE WITH LAWIN
05/21/2026
LAWIN.news

Sandiganbayan defers Revilla arraignment anew over alleged P92.8-M flood control project

by LAWIN.news February 9, 2026
written by LAWIN.news February 9, 2026
Photo credit: ABS-CBN News
146

MANILA, Philippines — The Sandiganbayan has deferred the arraignment and pre-trial of former Sen. Ramon “Bong” Revilla Jr. in connection with the alleged P92.8-million flood control project in Bulacan and reset the proceedings to Feb. 16.

The anti-graft court’s Third Division rescheduled the arraignment of Revilla and Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH)–Bulacan 1st District Engineering Office accountant Juanito Mendoza during a session on Monday while awaiting resolution of their motions for reconsideration.

Court records show that Revilla filed a motion for reconsideration on Feb. 6 and an urgent motion for inhibition on Feb. 8. The defense cited Third Division Chair Associate Justice Karl Miranda’s relationship with Atty. Buenaventura Miranda, who served as legal counsel to former DPWH Undersecretary Roberto Bernardo during a Senate Blue Ribbon Committee hearing on the flood control project.

Revilla spokesperson Atty. Francesca Señga said the defense raised concerns about impartiality, noting that court rules require both actual impartiality and the appearance of impartiality.

Justice Miranda told the court that he had disclosed his relationship with Atty. Miranda to ensure transparency in the proceedings. He said there were no grounds for mandatory inhibition but added that the motion would be reviewed carefully to determine whether he should recuse himself, emphasizing the need to preserve public confidence in the administration of justice.

Miranda also said he would not allow personal considerations to influence his duties and noted that the cases against Revilla and the other accused were assigned to the division through the court’s raffle process.

Five co-accused — DPWH engineers Brice Hernandez, Jaypee Mendoza, Arjay Domasig, Emelita Juat, and cashier Christina Mae del Rosario Pineda — pleaded not guilty to the malversation charge during their arraignment on Monday.

For the graft charge, Revilla, Domasig, Juanito Mendoza, and Juat are scheduled for arraignment and pre-trial before the Sandiganbayan’s Fourth Division. Hernandez, Jaypee Mendoza, and Pineda earlier pleaded not guilty to the same charge on Jan. 28.

Revilla previously stood trial before the Sandiganbayan in a plunder case linked to the Priority Development Assistance Fund scam. Authorities arrested him on June 20, 2014, and he remained at the Philippine National Police Custodial Center in Camp Crame until the court acquitted him and ordered his release on Dec. 7, 2018.

0 FacebookTwitterPinterestEmail
LAWIN.news

LAWIN.news is your trusted source for timely, relevant, and comprehensive news coverage. With a commitment to delivering the latest updates on local, national, and global events, LAWIN.news provides in-depth analysis, breaking news, and exclusive stories that matter to you. Our dedicated team ensures that each report is thoroughly researched and presented with clarity and integrity. Stay informed and engaged with LAWIN.news—where every story counts. Disclaimer: The views and beliefs expressed by the author do not necessarily represent those of LAWIN.news, its management, editorial board, or staff.

previous post
DOJ must unseal files on Georgia’s 2020 ballot raid, judge rules
next post
Viral claim about boy in Bad Bunny’s Super Bowl set debunked

You may also like

Solons say lack of TRO paves way for Ronald dela Rosa arrest

May 20, 2026

VP impeachment trial underway as Senate opens court session

May 19, 2026

DOJ endorses plunder case vs Jinggoy Estrada, Ombudsman reveals

May 18, 2026

Impeachment court directs Sara Duterte to file response to complaints

May 18, 2026

SolGen tells SC to dismiss dela Rosa request blocking ICC warrant

May 17, 2026

No CCTV footage missing in Senate shooting probe, says Office of the Senate Sergeant-at-Arms

May 16, 2026

Recent Posts

  • Alyssa Valdez: ‘I will never get tired’ playing for PH
  • Anne Hathaway’s ‘Ella Enchanted’ gets TV reboot
  • Cristine Reyes, Gio Tingson announce engagement
  • TxDOT says no to Austin’s request to retain mural and Pride crosswalk
  • Texas logs first West Nile virus case of 2026 in Harris County

Recent Comments

  1. Texas and the Philippines Economic Collaboration: APECO and PACCTX-GHR meet at PCG in Houston - Bagong APECO on Texas – Philippines Economic Collaboration: APECO and PACCTX-GHR Meet at PCG in Houston

Recent Posts

  • Alyssa Valdez: ‘I will never get tired’ playing for PH

    May 20, 2026
  • Anne Hathaway’s ‘Ella Enchanted’ gets TV reboot

    May 20, 2026
  • Cristine Reyes, Gio Tingson announce engagement

    May 20, 2026
  • TxDOT says no to Austin’s request to retain mural and Pride crosswalk

    May 20, 2026
  • Texas logs first West Nile virus case of 2026 in Harris County

    May 20, 2026

Stay Updated!

LAWIN.news

Providing high-quality news stories that matters to its readers. It’s core mission is “Stay informed and engaged with LAWIN.news—where every story counts.”

  • P.O. Box 20561 Houston, Texas 77225
  • Email Address: neska@mylawin.com
  • Support: helpdesk@mylawin.com

About Links

  • Contact
  • About Us
  • Compliance
  • Media Relations
  • Advertise With Us
  • Corporate Information
  • Apps & Products

Useful Links

  • Privacy Policy
  • Data Tracking
  • Terms of Use
  • Cookie Policy
  • Personal Information
  • Accessibility Statement
  • Login | Register Account

Newsletter

Latest News

Texas logs first West Nile virus case of 2026 in Harris County
Greg Abbott backs Jim Wright while criticizing Bo French
Thailand shortens visa-free tourist stays under new policy
Myanmar military reports recapture of border area near Thailand

@2025 – All Right Reserved. Made with ❤️ by myVATA.co

Facebook Twitter Instagram Linkedin Youtube
LAWIN.news
  • Home
  • About Lawin
  • Community Events
  • Livestream
  • Faces & Voices
  • Podcasts
    • Legal Treats
    • Teacher Talk
    • Pink Table Talk
    • Be Bold. Why Not.
    • Commissary Kitchen
    • Beyond Health & Wellness
LAWIN.news
  • Home
  • About Lawin
  • Community Events
  • Livestream
  • Faces & Voices
  • Podcasts
    • Legal Treats
    • Teacher Talk
    • Pink Table Talk
    • Be Bold. Why Not.
    • Commissary Kitchen
    • Beyond Health & Wellness
@2024 - All Right Reserved. Designed and Developed by myVATA.co